Whatever the size of your business, the scale of your operations or the sectors you operate in, PRIME can help. We offer a complete range of intellectual property and copyright services, covering the GCC and the wider Middle East region.
Our IP and Copyright department is headed by Qusai Al Massri, who has a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property rights, plus over 10 years’ relevant experience. He handles all enquiries and can manage IP portfolios regionally and globally.
In addition, we are affiliated with Zu’bi & Partners, a leading Bahraini law firm; IP is one of their specialisms, and they can provide in-depth legal assistance as required.
Members of INTA
PRIME is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA). This is the global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and intellectual property in order to protect consumers and brands.
Membership also gives us access to global databases and advanced relevant resources, as well as the latest innovations and best practices – all the additional support we need to protect your brands, trademarks and IP.
- Registration and renewal – including copyright, trademarks, patents and industrial designs, locally, regionally and globally.
- Patent drafting – assistance with drafting the patent for your invention, to facilitate the registration process.
- Brand management – covering any size of brand portfolio, plus assistance with branding and brand development, as well as patent annuities, licensing and successful commercial exploitation of your brands.
- Data protection – ensuring your business affairs and trade secrets remain private; areas include personnel and supplier agreements, confidentiality clauses and so on.
- Trademark watch – making sure your IP rights are protected at all times. We also offer anti-counterfeiting protection and investigation.
- Ownership search – for patents, trademarks and image rights.
- IT services – including online security and asset management software, plus domain name registration and renewal.
- Legal services – from basic advice we can offer ourselves through to in-depth guidance, enforcement, prosecution and other services via our affiliation with Zu’bi & partners.
- Technical/legal translation and other business assistance – to help you facilitate the registration and management process. For details, see our support services
Perfectly placed for all your IP requirements
Bahrain has been a regional leader in developing intellectual property laws and regulations, and IP protection is a key component of trade agreements the country has signed with the US, the UK and other countries.
As well as our membership of INTA and affiliation with one of the country’s leading IP legal specialists, PRIME is an Affiliated Partner of the Bahrain Ministry of Industry and Commerce. We also have many associate firms and other key contacts throughout the GCC and wider MENA region.
All of this means that we are excellently placed to deliver the full range of copyright and intellectual property services that today’s international businesses demand.
If you have a query related to IP in any country in the region, simply get in touch with us here in Bahrain, and we will be able to respond promptly. Please email Qusai Al Massri, or call +973 1757 0400.